Freekeh and Haloumi Salad
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 40 mins
Serves : 4
- 1/2 cup Oli & Vine Rich Balsamic, Turkish Fig, Sweet Honey Dressing
- 1 cup freekeh
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 225g packet haloumi, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels, toasted
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 200g seedless red grapes
- Place freekeh and 3 1/2 cups water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add quinoa. Cook for a further 20 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half the haloumi. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining haloumi.
- Transfer freekeh mixture to a serving dish. Finely chop half the mint and coriander. Roughly chop pistachio kernels. Add herbs and pistachios to freekeh mixture with chickpeas, grapes and 3/4 of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Top salad with haloumi and remaining mint and coriander leaves. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve.