· 2 rashers of bacon , rind removed, diced
· 1/4 onion , finely diced
· 1 tsp oil
· 6 slices Nature’s Fresh wheatmeal sandwich bread (fresh)
· 2 regular size eggs
· 2/3 cup milk
· 1/3 cup cheese , grated (we used Meadow Fresh grated Colby)
· Salt and pepper
· Oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in small pan over high heat. Add onion and bacon and sauté until bacon is crisp - about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside
3. Cut crusts off bread and flatten out with a rolling pin.
4. Lightly spray 6 muffin tin holes with oil spray, then press the bread into the muffin tin.
5. Place in the oven until toast is slightly dry, about 3 minutes. This is so the bread doesn’t go soggy with the egg mix.
6. Whisk together the egg and milk. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Divide the bacon mixture between the 6 toast cups, then sprinkle with cheese.
8. Divide egg mixture between cups , then place in the oven.
9. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the top is lightly golden and the filling is cooked.
10. Remove from oven and let cool before popping into lunchboxes.