Wonder bread range is packed FULL of a blend of fibres with essential vitamins and minerals to give your family all the goodness in the deliciously soft texture they love. In fact, it has all the fibre of wholemeal in disguise!*
What is the blend of fibres in Wonder White and why is it better for you?
Health authorities# recognise that a blend of fibres is important to keep our bodies healthy, including soluble fibre, insoluble fibre, and resistant starch. Wonder White contains a blend of these types of fibre:
- Insoluble fibre – Commonly found in foods such as wholemeal bread, wheat bran, lentils and nuts
- Soluble fibre – Commonly found in foods such as oats, barley, fruit and beans
- Resistant starch – Found in cold, cooked potatoes and pasta, under ripe bananas and foods containing Hi-maize, like Wonder White. The special type of resistant starch (RS2) found in Hi-maize helps to support a healthy digestive system.
Natural WonderFibre blend is the secret behind Wonder White’s natural high fibre flour as it contains Hi-maize, a natural fibre milled from specially grown corn. This is why Wonder White is so soft, full of fibre and provides great tasting goodness.
The range is available from major and independent supermarkets across Australia.
✔ Deliciously soft
✔ More Fibre than ever
✔ All the Fibre of Wholemeal in Disguise*
* Average fibre values supplementary to Food Australia 2012 (regular wholemeal bread at 6.5g per 100g), “The Resistant Starch Report”.
#NHMRC (2013) Australian dietary guidelines
- High in fibre
- Packed full of a blend of fibres
- No artificial preservatives
- No added sugar
- Wonder Hi Fibre Vitamins & Minerals Sandwich is the No. 1 bread SKU in Australia
Source: AU Grocery Aztec Scan data MAT to 09/03/14