Helga’s serves up NEW Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls!
The expert bakers at Helga’s are excited to launch their new Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls range that taste so great, it’s hard to believe they are gluten free.
The gluten free rolls are available in two delicious flavours, Traditional White and 5 Seeds. The rolls are a source of fibre and contain no artificial preservatives, colours or flavours. Helga’s Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls are made using the finest ingredients, with the 5 Seeds variant using linseed, toasted sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds and sunflower seeds.
As many as 1 in 10 Australian adults, or approximately 1.8 million people, are currently avoiding or limiting their consumption of wheat-based products1, resulting in a clear demand for gluten free bread, in different formats and varieties.
Coeliac Australia Technical Officer Penny Dellsperger, says, “Helga’s Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls are a versatile new option for people with coeliac disease and those on a gluten free diet. Helga’s new Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls endorsed by Coeliac Australia offer gluten free consumers added choice and importantly, provide a source of fibre, which is so important for good health.”
Harsha Mantri, Helga’s resident Dietitian, says, “Helga’s has listened to its consumers over the past few years, and this is why we have launched Helga’s Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls, to provide more variety for those avoiding gluten.”
The new gluten free rolls join Helga’s wide range of high quality, great tasting gluten free loaves products and others including classic, specialty, lower-carb loaves, wraps and Turkish bread.
These versatile rolls can be used for any meal occasion. Why not enjoy the rolls today with falafel and beetroot hummus for lunch (see full recipe below), or use them to create the perfect burgers for dinner with family and friends.
SPINACH FALAFEL ROLLS WITH MINTED CUCUMBER
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 2 Helga’s Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls Traditional White, halved & toasted
- Light olive oil, for frying
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tbs gluten-free beetroot and hummus dip
- 2 slices Helga’s Gluten Free Soy & Linseed Bread
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 35g (1 cup) baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 gluten-free plain flour
1. To make the spinach falafel, tear the bread and place into a food processor. Process to fine crumbs. Remove to a large bowl, stir in the sesame seeds. Add chickpeas, onion and garlic to the food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add spinach, parsley, cumin and flour. Pulse until smooth. Add to the breadcrumb mixture, stir until well combined. Season.
2. Shape falafel mixture into round patties using one tablespoon of mixture per patty. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the falafel, in three batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
3. Combine cucumber and mint. Cut rolls in half. Spread beetroot hummus over one half of Helga’s Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls Traditional White. Top each with three falafels then cucumber and mint. Sandwich together with roll tops. Serve.
Tip: Mix makes 24. Leftover falafel can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Helga’s Gluten Free Gourmet Rolls are available nationally at Coles, Woolworths and independent supermarkets at $6.99 RRP.
For more information or gluten free recipes, visit www.helgas.com.au or www.facebook.com/helgasbakehouse.