European scooters set to take over Sydney CBD streets delivering Helga’s sandwiches with care for a cause
- Say it with Sandwiches Sydney running 15 August – 19 August
- Say it with Sandwiches Melbourne running 26 August – 2 September
- All orders open now – get involved at www.HelgasSandwiches.com #HelgasSandwiches
Helga’s is giving you the chance to show how much you care for someone special by sending them a limited edition Helga’s sandwich to help you ‘Say it with Sandwiches’.
For just $6, you can choose from one of five different gourmet sandwiches to be delivered to the door of a friend or loved one in Sydney or Melbourne by a stylish Helga’s scooter accompanied by a hand written note from you – just like ordering a bunch of flowers!
Featuring sandwich recipes created by well-known TV food personality Justine Schofield, only a limited number of gourmet Helga’s sandwiches are being made each day. And each day a different sandwich is on offer – so it is first in best dressed!
With all proceeds being donated to Foodbank, Helga’s ‘Say it with Sandwiches’ deliveries will take place in Sydney’s CBD over lunch-time from Monday 15 August until Friday 19 August. Last orders will be taken on the morning of Thursday 18 August, unless the sandwiches are sold out earlier.
After that it will be Melbourne’s turn for #HelgasSandwiches. Melbourne CBD orders are being taken now through to 1 September (unless sold out earlier) with deliveries being made over lunch-time between Monday 29 August until Friday 2 September.
Proving that sharing is caring, each $6 sandwich ordered through Helga’s ‘Say it with Sandwiches’ will allow Foodbank to provide over 10 meals to people in need. In addition to the ‘Say it with Sandwiches’ campaign, Helga’s is also a key supporter of Foodbank’s Food Fight campaign and will provide 10,000 meals or more as a result of their combined promotion initiatives.
Here’s the mouth-watering menu:
- MONDAY 15 August (Sydney) and 29 August (Melbourne)
Thanks a grain: Salami, ricotta, eggplant and semi sundried tomatoes with Helga’s Mixed Grain
- TUESDAY 16 August (Sydney) and 30 August (Melbourne)
Have a whole meal on me: Roast pumpkin, onion jam and provolone sandwich with Helga’s Traditional Wholemeal
- WEDNESDAY 17 August (Sydney) and 31 August (Melbourne)
Gift wrapped for you: Smoked salmon, horseradish cream, radish and rocket with Helga’s Mixed Grain Wraps
- THURSDAY 18 August (Sydney) and 1 September (Melbourne)
Let me rye you lunch: Miso pulled pork, miso mayo and crunchy cabbage salad sambo with Helga’s Light Rye
- FRIDAY 19 August (Sydney) and 2 September (Melbourne)
For your great white appetite: Chicken schnitzel with Helga’s Traditional White
Those outside of the Sydney or Melbourne CBD won’t miss out; Helga’s has created a virtual sandwich maker, complete with different breads, ingredients and condiments for anyone looking to send a friend a virtual sandwich. For the first 1,000 virtual sandwiches created, Helga’s will donate 50c per sandwich to Foodbank, providing funding for a further 1,000 meals to people in need.
How does it work?
- Visit helgassandwiches.com to place your order or make a virtual sandwich
- You can send one sandwich per delivery day to anyone based in and around the Sydney or Melbourne CBD (virtual sandwiches are limitless)
- Sydney deliveries will take place from 15 to 19 August
- Melbourne deliveries will run from 29 August to 2 September
- Enter your message of care to accompany your sandwich delivery
- Orders will close midday the day before your chosen delivery date and there’s only 100 sandwiches available each day so make sure you get in quick!
- All deliveries will be made between 10am and 2pm
When devising the Helga’s ‘Say it with Sandwiches’ recipes, Justine has included some of her friends and family’s favourite fillings, all of which are lovingly sandwiched together with Helga’s wholesome bread and wraps, baked fresh daily using the finest ingredients.
“For me the most enjoyable part of cooking is making my friends and family happy, so I loved the idea that people could share a tasty Helga’s sandwich with a special someone while raising money for a great cause,” says Justine.
“We wanted to inspire people to ‘Say it with Sandwiches’ in a different way every day so we’ve named the sandwiches to reflect this. My favourite is Thursday’s ‘Let me rye you lunch’ – a winning combo of pulled pork, miso mayo and crunchy cabbage salad, which goes perfectly with Helga’s Light Rye bread,” she added.
Foodbank CEO Brianna Casey welcomes the initiative saying, “We’re hugely grateful for the donations that Helga’s ‘Say it with Sandwiches’ will achieve. With a goal to help provide over 10,000 meals for people that are doing it tough, this is the perfect occasion for people to show how much they care for those close to them, whilst also supporting a much bigger cause.”
Helga’s is joining Foodbank in the fight to end hunger in Australia. In Woolworths stores across Australia, for every loaf of specially marked Helga’s sold in August, Helga’s will donate two slices of bread to Foodbank to help Aussies in need.
- For more information, terms and conditions or Justine Schofield’s full sandwich recipes visit www.helgassandwiches.com or www.facebook.com/helgasbakehouse
- Share your love of the sandwich on social media using #HelgasSandwiches
- To see Helga’s complete range of bread and wraps, please visit www.helgas.com.au
- You can get more involved and make a donation at www.foodbank.org.au